Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Denver

So, blogs are a lot better with pictures, which unfortunately, I don't have right now. My camera is working fine, but no cord to connect it to the puter. Anyways, so I was in Ohio a little over a month, and lost my job due to a work-related accident that really wasn't my fault anyways. Some CuCN, or Copper Cyanide was spilled all over me due to the fact that the place I was working didn't require me to be wearing an apron. Long story short, I had to go to the hospital that night and the next day, they told me I was too much of a liability. Now, I could've fought it by saying it wouldn't have happened had they just required me to wear an apron, but I lacked the motivation.

So here I was , back at square one with no lease, and no job and could literally live anywhere. So I decided since I had a couple good friends in Denver, and that it was closer to home, that I'd go there.

I love it here so far, as the weather is ideal (although a little cold) and I was able to get a job with United Airlines like I wanted to. I live in a nice house with two moderately cool roommates, and start work on November 10th. I'm pretty excited, especially for the fact that I'll be able to fly home for the holidays for free like I really wanted to!

The drive out here to Denver was pretty interesting. I started leaving Bellbrook, Oh at about 10 in the morning on September 30th, and got about 5 minutes away from home when my steering and tires started acting really funny. Long story short, I had to buy two new front tires, costing me $200. About an hour later, when that was done, I hit the road. Not much to tell in between, because I drove all the way through the night while talking to people on the phone, and listening to NPR on the radio. I got to Denver at about 4:00 a.m. the next day which was of course October 1st. I went to visit someone before going to my new home, and ended up getting home at about 5:30 a.m.. I was exhausted, went right to sleep, and woke up in the afternoon in my new home and have loved it ever since.

I'm trying to get a new cable for my camera to my computer so I'll be able to upload pictures once again.



No comments: